GROUND PENETRATION RADAR
As well as the services you would expect to see underground, we are able to identify other underground features using our ground penetration radar. Unlike standard radio-detection techniques, Ground Penetration Radar (GPR) is capable of detecting non-metallic structures alike. This means that before any digging begins, you know what you are dealing with and what lies beneath your site.
We offer GPR surveys to clients throughout the UK who require a more detailed look into subterranean features, some of which may include:
• Underground Fuel Tanks or pipes
• Underground Voids
• Buried Structures such as old foundations
• Rebar or Concrete Reinforcing Bars
• Non-Metallic Utilities such as Plastic or Fibre Optic Services
• Pile Cap & piling
GPR surveys are not limited to these types of structures and will provide you with a detailed overview of whatever sits below your site.
PAS 128 Surveys We Provide Include
- PAS 128 Survey Category Type D: Underground utilities are plotted based only on record data, otherwise known as desktop survey.
- PAS 128 Survey Category Type C: Underground utility are plotted based only on utility record data, but with on-site investigation to match physical indicators above ground with the records as a best fit.
- PAS 128 Survey Category Type B: Utilities are detected by geophysical methods, such as Ground Penetrative Radar (GPR) to get an exact horizontal position and vertical position i.e depth. Category B Surveys are carried out to one of four levels of accuracy with each requiring a different survey type.
- PAS 128 Survey Category Type A: Utilities are verified and positioned by eye, using physical identification, which may include visual inspection, vacuum excavation, or hand dug trial pitting.
Underground Utilities Mapping
When it comes to working below ground, in this day and age, knowing what is below your site is crucial to the progress of any works being undertaken. Utilities mapping using GPR means that you can avoid any unexpected structures meaning the timescales of a project can be more accurately measured. This saves you time but also money.
Get In Touch
CCTV Drainage surveys
Going one step further, we are also able to provide you with CCTV drain surveys which allow you to see what sort of condition the drains are currently in before and digging begins. The footage is then provided to you ready for assessment, giving you the knowledge of what you are dealing with before any works take place.
Utility Detection Technology
The image below gives you an basic idea of what you can expect from a GPR utility detection survey.
Book a GPR survey today
If you would like to know more about our GPR surveys please don’t hesitate to call us on 0161 710 2861
Alternatively, if you would like to book your GPR survey simply call us or use our contact form on our contact page to make a booking and a member of our team will check for availability and get you booked in at a convenient date and time.